In This Article
Whether you are looking to repair or replace your roof, discover how to choose top-of-the-line roofing services among recommended contractors and roofing companies in St. Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, and Fort Myers, Florida.
Whether you are a new home builder, or a homeowner looking to repair or replace your roof, start by looking for qualified local roofing contractors with the right training. Classic Roofing & Construction is a local contractor that is certified as a GAF Master Elite Residential Roofing Contractor since 2003.
Selecting a GAF factory-certified roofing contractor, you know you are getting the very best in the business. Less than 2% of roofing contractors in North America are certified as GAF Master Elite, a certification that is maintained and renewed every year. Plus, every GAF-certified contractor offers superior protection with the GAF Lifetime Roofing System and has access to enhanced warranties, backed by GAF.
Top-of-the-Line Licensing & Certifications
Classic Roofing & Construction is properly insured and licensed for your protection, so you can rest easy knowing you are covered. Our licensing and certifications include:
- $1 Million Liability Insurance
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Florida General Contractor’s License #CGC1529795
- Florida Roofing License #CGC1529795
The team at Classic Roofing & Construction has worked hard to establish and maintain a long track record of providing quality roofing services in St. Petersburg, FL., and surrounding communities for more than 20 years. Classic Roofing & Construction accolades include:
- A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Five stars client satisfaction rating on Facebook
- Five stars on Google
- Five stars rating on ReviewBuzz
- Five stars on Yelp
- Five stars on Angie’s List
The team at Classic Roofing & Construction is up to date on the latest technology and best roofing practices, ensuring expert and professional installations and repairs.
- GAF trained and certified through the GAF Roofing Academy
- High property owner job satisfaction ratings
- Able to offer the most comprehensive warranties
- 50-year materials warranty
- 25-year Workmanship warranty
Top-of-the-Line of Scrutiny
Once you have narrowed your list and invited a few contractors to your home for estimates, you can narrow your choices by discussing more specific topics. It is crucial for a new home builder or homeowner to understand the installation plan, clean-up, and costs for the project, as well as the following details to be ironed out:
- Who will obtain the permit?
- Are permit costs included in the estimate?
- Who will be conducting inspections?
- What building code will the contractor be following?
- How many shingle choices do you offer?
- Are they listed in the estimate by brand and manufacturer?
- What warranties do you offer?
- Can you explain the differences between product options, such as construction, texture, UL fire rating?
Estimates and payments:
- Do you offer free estimates? (Class Roofing & Construction does.)
- Does the estimate list the roofing material product name and color? (Classic Roofing & Construction estimates do.)
- What are the payment terms? (Classic Roofing & Construction requires one-third of the cost to start the project. If a contractor asks for full payment in advance, find another contractor.)
- How do you accept payment? (Classic Roofing & Construction accepts checks or credit cards.)
- Do I have to pay my insurance deductible? (Yes. Any contractor that claims you do not have to pay your deductible may be committing insurance fraud or putting the homeowner at legal risk.)
When interviewing potential roofing companies, do they communicate the schedule of when repairs or new roof can be installed, how long it will take, and how the clean-up will be performed, as well as removing all nails and debris? As well as who will be performing the inspection, to ensure the roof meets all local building codes? Classic Roofing & Construction can perform all of these tasks, along with a contract that specifies when the project start and finish date.
Top-of-the-Line Roofing Inspection
Classic’s team of craftsmen will start with a thorough roof inspection. Our comprehensive inspection will look for:
- Broken or missing shingles
- Shingles that have begun to buckle
- Missing or broken coping on the roof
- Any evidence of past work that looks unprofessional
- Rotted or molded fascia
- Signs inside your home of water damage
- Leaks around skylights or windows
- Window or skylight seals
- Gutters that need to be repaired or replaced
- Trees that come to close to your house
- Excess debris on the roof
- Signs of mold, algae, or fungus on or around the roof
Our expert roofers will take note of any problems they find and make sure you understand all your options for correcting the issues, as well as the cost of the job. If we feel you need to replace your roofing system altogether, we will work with you to get the job done at a price you can afford.
Top-of-the-Line Financing Options
Because roof repair or replacement often comes as a surprise for many homeowners, cutting-edge financing options are provided and funding is immediate. This makes repairing or replacing your roof easy, and stress-free. Our partners at GreenSky and Mosaic offer straightforward financing for both solar roofing and traditional roof replacement and repairs. We’re here to help people throughout the St. Petersburg area increase their homes’ security, energy efficiency, and curb appeal.
We will listen to all your questions and carefully explain how we came to our decision and why. A little planning on the front end to find the team at Classic will help this process to go smoothly.
We also provide a yearly inspection with all our roofing services. We know it’s costly to repair or replace your roof, so we want to do all we can to help prevent a major expense down the road.
Top-of-the-Line Roofing Materials
Another way to narrow the search among contractors is to discover the types of roofing materials its team typically installs. Classic Roofing & Construction employs a wide variety of roofing materials, many commonly used in Florida roofing. Classic offers repair or re-roofing for:
- Residential & Commercial Roofs
- Asphalt Shingles
- Clay Tiles
- Wood Shakes
- Metal Roofing (including standing seam and metal tiles)
- Solar Panels & Solar Shingles
Top-of-the-Line Commercial Roofing Solutions
Classic Roofing & Construction can help many of our light commercial building owners with protection from Mother Nature’s wrath. The team at Classic Roofing & Construction is extremely proud of the materials we employ on our commercial roofing projects.
Whether it is TPO, liquid-applied roofing, or anything in between, Classic Roofing & Construction can provide GAF commercial roofing systems and solutions for your exact needs. Our product lines include:
- TPO Roofing Systems: In the 20+ years that TPO has been in the field, it’s become one of the popular products used for low-slope roofing.
- PVC Roofing Systems: A reliable and versatile member suitable for all types of single-ply systems with guarantees of up to 25 years.
- Roof Coating Systems: Reliable roofing solutions that can help extend the life of the existing roof and the time between tear-offs.
- Mod Bit SBS Roofing Systems: Offers great flexibility, impact resistance, strength, and system compatibility.
- Mod Bit APP Roofing Systems: This product offers great flexibility, impact resistance, strength, and system compatibility.
- Built-Up Roofing or BUR Systems: One of the oldest current roofing technologies, BUR offers the durability of multi-ply construction.
Top-of-the-Line Free Estimates
The team at Classic Roofing will provide a free estimate. If you are interested in having Classic Roofing repair your home or commercial structure, our team will provide a detailed contract.
If you are considering the services of another contractor, the first red flag would be a company providing an estimate without first thoroughly inspecting your residential or commercial roof.
The next step would be to obtain a detailed contract from all roofing contractors you are considering. Here are details that should be included in a contract:
- Approximate start and finish dates.
- Deposits, amounts, due dates, and any other terms of payment.
- Material costs, labor costs, and the cost of additional materials that might be needed.
- How are change orders handled and are there additional administrative charges that come with them?
- A list of all the materials and amounts of materials needed, the brand and manufacturer of those materials, and exactly how the materials will be installed.
- Make sure the warranty information is also included in the contract along with any other applicable details.
- Don’t sign any contracts until you have your attorney review them.
Top-of-the-Line Lien Release
Classic Roofing & Construction provides a release of lien to protect all our clients. We want to provide peace of mind to our clients that no other entity will be requesting payment for your new commercial roof. Not all Florida roofing companies provide this for their clients. A lien release will be your proof that you paid in full for your new commercial roof.
Top-of-the-Line Tailored Solutions
Unlike some roofing companies that offer one-solution-fits-all for all situations, Classic Roofing & Construction offers top-of-the-line roofing services tailored to our client’s specific needs. All our employees are factory trained and skilled in all issues associated with repairing or replacing your roof. Classic Roofing & Construction is fully licensed, insured, and bonded in the state of Florida, and we also offer easy financing.
Most residential roofing projects are performed in a single day, including clean-up and inspection. Every roofing project at our company is overseen by the owner of Classic Roofing & Construction, Jake Babbit, to ensure the job is performed to the highest quality standards in the industry.
To Get Started
Contact Classic Roofing & Construction to help protect your investment in your home or commercial building from Mother Nature’s wrath. Call us at 727-329-8023 in Tampa or 239-932-5225 in Fort Myers, or click on the green “Schedule a free estimate” button to get started.